Thursday 26 September 2013

Self-destructive Delusion

Qur'aanic Verses 70:1 & 70:2:











Transliterations:

1. Saala sa-ilun biAAathabin waqiAAin

2. Lilkafireena laysa lahu dafiAAun


Translations:

1. A questioner questions punishment that is bound to befall

2. Those who suppress the Truth.1 There is none to defend ........


Study Note:

1. If a non-believer is told that Allah will punish him for his disbelief, he is bound to question its veracity. “I have been a disbeliever for years now, but no punishment has come to me because of my disbelief” he is bound to retort. He does not believe that this worldly life is a log drawn-out test. He does not believe that Allah would not punish him instantly for every wrong he does. He does not believe that Allah is giving him a long rope. He does not believe that Allah gives punishment in this life itself, only if such punishment is necessary for general continuance of this worldly life, or to give a warning to people that what they are doing is not good. He does not believe in the Hereafter, where he will be judged on his performance in this world and then rewarded and punished accordingly. He does not believe that he will be resurrected after death for this final Judgment. He thinks that this worldly life is the be-all and end-all of human existence. He is in a self-destructive delusion.

An extract from yet-to-be-published Qur'aanic Studies Manzil VII.

4 comments:

  1. I have been a Baha'i for more than 50 years and I, therefore, approach these subjects through the teachings of Baha'u'llah. I thank you for sending me this message and I wish you well in your studies and other personal work.-Ron Price, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the Baha'i view on what I have stated in my study note?

      Delete
  2. In this world if a person kills more than one innocent person, Say 2 or more, can we punish him (the same) twice or more?, can we hang him twice for two killings? I think that is a checkmate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we can't! But that person's punishment in Hell can be made proportionate to the number of crimes he/she has committed.

      Delete